WIPA board members consist of a group of esteemed professionals whose passion for our industry is evident in the work they produce. Their presence in these regions will allow the growth of WIPA so we can continue to bring new standards, education and sense of community to all wedding professionals. Contact your local chapter if you are interested in a leadership role.
Joining a committee is a great way to learn more about WIPA and form closer relationships with your local chapter.
Contact your local chapter president to learn more about joining these committees after you join:
- Education Committee – helps the Director organize activities to impart information, knowledge or skills related to wedding design and management, and secures all speakers and reviews all educational content for general meetings, seminars, webinars, etc.; develops program for trend reporting, industry research & statistic.
- Communications Committee – prepares communications to provide information to the membership, prospective members and the general public; assists with production of the chapter newsletter, directory and website.
- Membership Committee – defines membership benefits & requirements as well as methods to attract new members and retain existing members; processes membership applications and maintains membership roster; acts as a formal welcoming committee for new members.
- Chapter Formation Committee – oversees the development of local chapters nationally for WIPA. Ensuring all requirements for chapter formation is met prior to going to charter.
- Awards Committee – oversees the development and implementation of WIPA’s Awards program.
- Community Development Committee – WIPA believes that part of a strong business and a strong association is giving back to the community it thrives in. Our community development committee works with our chapters on collaborating with our members, using their core competencies, and bringing memories, togetherness, and joy to those in our communities.