An Important Membership Notice From Our WIPA Presidents
Dear WIPA members,
I hope this all finds you well. I just wanted to take a moment to reach out on behalf of the WIPA International Board of Directors to share an update regarding membership rates for 2023.
We have been mindful on how to keep our expenses low, especially in the tumultuous years of the pandemic. As you can imagine however, operating costs have increased significantly due to several outside factors as well as meeting the needs of an organization that has grown exponentially during recovery.
After carefully reviewing the finances and in anticipation of finalizing the 2023 budget, the International Board voted unanimously this week for a $50 increase ($25 for the student membership). This will be the first increase of its kind in nearly a decade.
As always, we are forward-facing, focusing on how to build even more value into your WIPA membership. The price increase will not only offset increase in operational costs but help us achieve this goal. As a result of this increase, we can:
- Add formal leadership training to future retreats for our Chapter leaders
- Provide additional virtual education year-round for our DEI Directors
- Offer more financial support to our Presidents traveling to the annual Leadership retreat
- Send International members to visit Chapters that require hands-on guidance
- Have the financial means to explore creating opportunities for nation-wide gatherings of our members
The change will be effective January 1, 2023. Our website will reflect the new prices at that time so all renewals from then on, will be for the new rate.
We thank you, always, for your continued support.
Yours most sincerely,